Sugar Snap Pea
Sugar Snap Pea
- Seasonboth Spring & Fall
- Unit of Measure approx. 225 seeds per packet
- FormUpright, annual.
- LightFull sun.
- Height5 - 6 feet.
- Spread12 inches.
- Spacing6 inches.
- Zones3 - 9 annual.
- FoliageGreen foliage.
- Germination7 - 10 days.
- Soil RequirementsWell-drained sandy loam soil. pH 5.5-6.7.
- Growth RateMedium growth rate.
- Seed CountApproximately 225 seeds per packet., 1/2 lb. is approximately 680 seeds.
- PollinatorSelf pollinating.
- CommentsWith Sugar Snap snap peas you get to eat the entire pod with the peas nestled inside. The pods are juicy, crisp, sweet, and crunchy. Peak achievement in flavor. Stringless 3 inch pods keep their rich color and crunch after cooking. Try boiling snap peas for about 3 minutes and refreshing them in ice water to set their bright color, and then use them in a stir-fry with other vegetables. They can also be cooked on their own with butter and herbs or put into cold preparations like pasta salads. You can also prepare peas by blanching them for no more than a minute in boiling water. Drain them and cool them promptly in cold water, and they are ready to be added to salads and pasta dishes.
- YieldHeavy yields over a long season.
- Botanical NamePisum sativum var. macrocarpon 'Sugar'; Family: Fabaceae (Pea Family)
- HeaderPeak Achievement in Flavor
- Depth1 - 1.5 inches.
- Days To Maturity70 days.
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2018 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|ZONE||Blueberries||All Other Fruits||Perennials,
Bulbs & Flowers
|Trees & Shrubs||Encapsulated
|1A-4B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5A||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|6A & 6B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|7A & 7B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|8A & 8B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|9A-10B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|All Grow Zones: Oct 29, 2018|
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Please note that we cannot ship outside the 48 contiguous states.