Sum and Substance Hosta
- SKU: 65558
- For each offer ordered, get 1 Bareroot Plant
Send me an email when this item is available
Sum and Substance Hosta
- LightPartial to Full Shade
- Height3 feet
- Spread5 - 6 feet
- Spacing5 - 6 feet
- Zones3 - 9
- FoliageLarge, broad, light green leaves that are corrugated and glossy, givng them good slug resistance.
- Flower FormBell-shaped purple flowers on scapes.
- BloomsMid to late summer.
- Soil RequirementsTolerant of a wide range of soils, but best if evenly moist and well-drained.
- Growth RateModerate
- PruningAfter flowering, remove spent flower stems to keep the plants tidy.
- CommentsOne of the easiest plants to grow and perfect for shade. The light green foliage adds a touch of brightness to a dark, shaded landscape. Large, broad leaves are a great textural contrast to other shade-loving plants like Ferns, Astilbe, and Hakonechloa. Purple flowers that bloom on long scapes above the foliage are attractive to hummingbirds and butterflies.
- Botanical NameHosta 'Sum and Substance'
- DepthDig a hole large enough to accommodate the roots without bending them. Plant with the tip of the crown just below or at ground level.
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2018 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|ZONE||Perennials, Bulbs & Flowers|
|1A-4B||9/4 - 11/2|
|5A & 5B||9/4 - 11/2|
|6A & 6B||9/4 - 11/2|
|7A & 7B||9/4 - 11/2|
|8A & 8B||9/4 - 11/2|
|9A-10B||9/4 - 11/2|
|Last Order Date||All Grow Zones: Oct 29, 2018|
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Please note that we cannot ship outside the 48 contiguous states.