Summer Cheer Daffodil
- SKU: 85505
- For each offer ordered, get 5 13-15 cm Bulbs
Send me an email when this item is available
Summer Cheer Daffodil
- FormUpright. Floriferous: usually three to eight blossoms on a strong stem, though 20 is possible. Petals, (perianth segments) are rounded and may be somewhat crinkled. Cup is very short.
- LightFull sun to partial shade.
- Height10 - 12 inches
- Spread4 - 6 inches
- Spacing4 - 6 inches
- Zones3 - 8
- FoliageStrap-like green foliage.
- Flower FormFragrant double flowers of ivory-white with a trace of yellow.
- ColorIvory white with just a trace of yellow.
- BloomsThe first year planted, it will bloom in early Summer. After its first year, this daffodil will flower in Spring.
- Soil RequirementsRich, moist, but well-drained soil.
- Growth RateModerate growth rate.
- PruningDead-head. Allow foliage to die back naturally because they are feeding the bulb for next year's blooms.
- CommentsThe Tazetta are a special group of daffodils that are highly-suited for indoor forcing. They are very fragrant and a joy to have blooming in your house during the dark days of Winter. They have several blooms per stem with small flowers, short cups and rounded petal tips. Can be grown outdoors in milder areas. To grow indoors, plant bulbs 2 inches deep in early Autumn and plunge in a cold frame outdoors until roots appear. Bring into the greenhouse and gradually increase the temperature. Water freely and feed with weak high potassium fertilizer once a week. Bring into the house once flower buds appear. Forced bulbs are best discarded after flowering. Daffodils, natives of Europe, are immune to most diseases and pests including gophers and deer! They are easy to grow in semi-shade to full sun. Plantings are extremely long-lived in areas where they are suited. Almost all daffodils naturalize easily, although some varieties are especially noted for this characteristic. Plant lots of different types for continued bloom and mass color.
- Botanical NameNarcissus 'Erlicheer'
- Depth6 inches
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2018 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|ZONE||Perennials, Bulbs & Flowers|
|1A-4B||9/4 - 11/2|
|5A & 5B||9/4 - 11/2|
|6A & 6B||9/4 - 11/2|
|7A & 7B||9/4 - 11/2|
|8A & 8B||9/4 - 11/2|
|9A-10B||9/4 - 11/2|
|Last Order Date||All Grow Zones: Oct 29, 2018|
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Please note that we cannot ship outside the 48 contiguous states.