Summer Snowflake Viburnum
- SKU: 62367
- For each offer ordered, get 1 potted plant
Summer Snowflake Viburnum
- FormUpright, rounded.
- LightFull Sun to Partial Shade
- Height3 - 5 feet
- Spread3 - 5 feet
- Spacing3 - 5 feet
- Zones5 - 8
- FoliageElliptic to oblong, shiny medium to dark green leaves. In autumn they display a breathtaking maroon-red color.
- Flower FormSmall, single, white flower clusters arranged in dome-shaped cymes.
- BloomsMid Spring to Fall
- Soil RequirementsAverage, well-drained soil. Does not tolerate chalky or alkaline soils.
- PruningDo any pruning after flowering. Take care not to prune too heavily.
- Comments'Summer Snowflake' is an upright cultivar that matures to 5-8' tall (infrequently taller). Leaves, flowers and fruits are typically smaller than those found on typical f. tomentosum plants. White lacecap-like flowers bloom in spring (late April-May), but continue to bloom sporadically through summer (hence the cultivar name) and sometimes into early fall. Fruits, a few flowers and autumn foliage color may all be simultaneously present on shrubs in early fall. Introduced by the Canadian Ornamental Plant Foundation.
- Botanical NameViburnum plicatum tomentosum 'Summer Snowflake'
- DepthPlant at the same level it was growing in the container.
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2019 Spring Shipping Schedule|
|ZONE||All Other Perennials & Potted Plants|
|1A-4A||5/5/19 - 6/21/19|
|4B||5/5/19 - 6/21/19|
|5A||4/1/19 - 6/21/19|
|5B||3/18/19 - 6/21/19|
|6A||3/11/19 - 6/21/19|
|6B||3/4/19 - 6/21/19|
|7A||2/25/19 - 6/21/19|
|7B||2/25/19 - 6/21/19|
|8A & B||2/19/19 - 6/21/19|
|9A & B||2/19/19 - 6/21/19||10A & B||2/11/19 - 6/21/19|
|Last Order Date|| 1A-7B: 6/17/19
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Please note that we cannot ship outside the 48 contiguous states.