Sundance™ Apple Tree
Sundance™ Apple Tree
- Unit of Measure1 tree
- FormDeciduous. Upright, Sundance is a tip bearer.
- LightFull sun.
- Height22 - 25 feet. 6 feet for Li'l BIG.
- Spread20 feet for standard. 4 -6 feet for Li'l BIG.
- Spacing20 feet in all directions for standard, 6 - 8 feet for Li'l BIG.
- Zones5 - 8 (-10° F.); Cold Hardiness Status: Unknown.
- FoliageGreen foliage.
- Flower FormYes.
- ColorFruit color is somewhat pale, yellow-greenish color; flesh is whitish cream and has crisp-breaking texture.
- BloomsMid - late season, so blooms are less susceptible to frost damage.
- FruitMedium-large, conic-round shape, long stem, excellent sweet-tart flavor.
- Soil RequirementsGood, well-drained, deep soil that is reasonably fertile.
- Growth RateMedium growth rate and vigor.
- PruningThere are normally two goals when pruning an apple tree: 1. Initially on young trees to encourage a strong, solid framework. 2. On mature trees to maintain shape and encourage fruit production. The best time to prune apple trees is in late Winter or very early Spring before any new growth starts.
- PollinatorFireside, Liberty, Pixie Crunch, Nova Spy, Golden Delicious, GoldRush.
- CommentsThe only scab immune, yellow variety that had legitimate resistance to cedar rust. From the Purdue breeding program. High sugar content. Very high fruit quality. Fruit does not drop prematurely. Sundance apples are sweet with a slight pineapple-like flavor. Unable to ship to AE, AK, GU, HI, PR.
- YieldApproximately 10+ bushels at maturity for standard, 1/2 bushel for Li'l Big.
- Botanical NameMalus domestica 'Sundance'
- HeaderCrisp Texture & Great Flavor
- DepthSame as in the nursery.
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2018 Spring Shipping Schedule for Plants|
|Zones||Tomatoes & Peppers||Potatoes||Sweet Potatoes||Onion Plants|
|1A-4A||5/14 - 6/1||3/26 - 6/15||5/21 - 6/8||4/2 - 5/11|
|4B||5/14 - 6/1||3/26 - 6/15||5/21 - 6/8||4/2 - 5/11|
|5A||5/14 - 6/1||3/5 - 6/15||5/14 - 6/8||3/26 - 5/11|
|5B||5/14 - 6/1||3/5 - 6/15||4/30 - 6/8||3/26 - 5/11|
|6A||4/23 - 6/1||3/5 - 6/15||4/30 - 6/8||3/5 - 5/11|
|6B||4/23 - 6/1||3/5 - 6/15||4/30 - 6/8||2/26 - 5/11|
|7A||4/23 - 6/1||2/26 - 6/15||4/30 - 6/8||2/19 - 5/11|
|7B||4/2 - 6/1||2/26 - 6/15||4/30 - 6/8||2/12 - 5/11|
|8A & B||4/2 - 6/1||2/19 - 6/15||4/23 - 6/8||1/29 - 5/11|
|9A & B||4/2 - 6/1||2/12 - 6/15||4/23 - 6/8||1/2 - 5/11|
|10A & B||4/2 - 6/1||2/12 - 6/15||4/16 - 6/8||1/2 - 5/11|
|Last Order Date||5/28||6/11||6/4||5/7|
|Zones||Bareroot Roses||Large Bareroots, Trees & Shrubs||Tender Annuals||All other Perennials & Potted Plants|
|1A-4A||4/16 - 6/1||4/2 - 6/22||4/30 - 6/8||4/30 - 6/22|
|4B||4/16 - 6/1||4/2 - 6/22||4/30 - 6/8||4/30 - 6/22|
|5A||4/1 - 6/1||3/19 - 6/22||4/30 - 6/8||4/2 - 6/22|
|5B||3/19 - 6/1||3/5 - 6/22||3/30 - 6/8||3/19 - 6/22|
|6A||3/5 - 6/1||3/5 - 6/22||4/30 - 6/8||3/5 - 6/22|
|6B||3/5 - 6/1||3/5 - 6/22||4/30 - 6/8||3/5 - 6/22|
|7A||2/26 - 6/1||2/12 - 6/22||4/2 - 6/8||2/26 - 6/22|
|7B||2/26 - 6/1||2/12 - 6/22||4/2 - 6/8||2/26 - 6/22|
|8A & B||2/19 - 6/1||2/12 - 5/25||4/2 - 6/8||2/20 - 5/25|
|9A & B||1/22 - 6/1||2/12 - 5/25||4/2 - 6/8||2/12 - 5/25|
|10A & B||1/22 - 6/1||2/12 - 5/25||4/2 - 6/8||2/12 - 5/25|
|Last Order Date||5/28||1A-7B: 6/18||6/4||1A-7B: 6/18|
|8A-10B: 5/21||8A-10B: 5/21|
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Please note that we cannot ship outside the 48 contiguous states.