Sungold Hybrid Cherry Tomato
Sungold Hybrid Cherry Tomato
- Seasonboth Spring & Fall
- Unit of Measureapprox. 25 seeds per packet.
- FormVine, Indeterminate
- LightFull sun.
- Height4 -6 feet
- Spread3 feet
- Spacing24 - 36 inches.
- Zones3-9 annual
- FoliageMedium green foliage.
- Flower FormSmall yellow flowers.
- FruitExceptionally sweet, bright tangerine-orange cherry tomatoes about 1/2 ounce each.
- Germination8 - 10 days
- Soil RequirementsRich, deep, well-drained soil. pH 5.5 - 6.8
- Growth RateModerate growth rate.
- Seed CountApproximately 25 seeds per packet.
- PruningPrune by cutting out suckers (auxillary shoots between the stems and the leaves) to produce larger fruit. Fruit also ripens earlier since the sun can reach it more easily.
- PollinatorSelf pollination.
- Comments'Sungold' has an exceptionally high sugar content, making its attractive, golden-orange fruit irresistibly sweet and juicy. Large yields deliver loads of delicious fruit (each about 1/2 oz.) that are ideal for salads or a tasty snack. When fully ripe it has a tendency to crack which can make it a bit messy to handle, but it doesn't affect its outstanding flavor.
- Botanical NameLycopersicon lycopersicum "Sungold"
- HeaderVibrant Color and Outstanding Flavor
- DepthPlant seeds 1/4 inch deep. For plants, plant them deeper than in the pot. Plant them just below the first set of leaves.
- Days To Maturity65 days
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2018 Spring Shipping Schedule for Plants|
|Zones||Tomatoes & Peppers||Potatoes||Sweet Potatoes||Onion Plants|
|1A-4A||5/14 - 6/1||3/26 - 6/8||5/21 - 6/8||4/2 - 5/11|
|4B||5/14 - 6/1||3/26 - 6/8||5/21 - 6/8||4/2 - 5/11|
|5A||5/14 - 6/1||5/5 - 6/8||5/14 - 6/8||3/26 - 5/11|
|5B||5/14 - 6/1||3/5 - 6/8||4/30 - 6/8||3/26 - 5/11|
|6A||4/23 - 6/1||3/5 - 6/8||4/30 - 6/8||3/5 - 5/11|
|6B||4/23 - 6/1||3/5 - 6/8||4/30 - 6/8||2/26 - 5/11|
|7A||4/23 - 6/1||2/26 - 6/8||4/30 - 6/8||2/19 - 5/11|
|7B||4/2 - 6/1||2/26 - 6/8||4/30 - 6/8||2/12 - 5/11|
|8A & B||4/2 - 6/1||2/19 - 6/8||4/23 - 6/8||1/29 - 5/11|
|9A & B||4/2 - 6/1||2/12 - 6/8||4/23 - 6/8||1/2 - 5/11|
|10A & B||4/2 - 6/1||2/12 - 6/8||4/16 - 6/8||1/2 - 5/11|
|Last Order Date||5/28||6/4||6/4||5/11|
|Zones||Bareroot Roses||Large Bareroots, Trees & Shrubs||Tender Annuals||All other Perennials & Potted Plants|
|1A-4A||4/16 - 6/1||4/2 - 6/22||4/30 - 6/8||4/30 - 6/22|
|4B||4/16 - 6/1||4/2 - 6/22||4/30 - 6/8||4/30 - 6/22|
|5A||4/1 - 6/1||3/19 - 6/22||4/30 - 6/8||4/2 - 6/22|
|5B||3/19 - 6/1||3/5 - 6/22||4/30 - 6/8||3/19 - 6/22|
|6A||3/5 - 6/1||3/5 - 6/22||4/30 - 6/8||3/5 - 6/22|
|6B||3/5 - 6/1||3/5 - 6/22||4/30 - 6/8||3/5 - 6/22|
|7A||2/26 - 6/1||2/12 - 6/22||4/2 - 6/8||2/26 - 6/22|
|7B||2/26 - 6/1||2/12 - 6/22||4/2 - 6/8||2/26 - 6/22|
|8A & B||2/19 - 6/1||2/12 - 5/25||4/2 - 6/8||2/20 - 5/25|
|9A & B||1/22 - 6/1||2/12 - 5/25||4/2 - 6/8||2/12 - 5/25|
|10A & B||1/22 - 6/1||2/12 - 5/25||4/2 - 6/8||2/12 - 5/25|
|Last Order Date||5/28||1A-7B: 6/18||6/4||1A-7B: 6/18|
|8A-10B: 5/21||8A-10B: 5/21|
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Please note that we cannot ship outside the 48 contiguous states.