Super Snack Sunflower
- SKU: 72995
- For each offer ordered, get approx. 25 seeds per pkt.
- Zones: 3 - 9 annual.
- Height: 5 feet.
- Light Required: Full sun.
- Germination: 10 - 14 days.
Send me an email when this item is available
Super Snack Sunflower
- Seasonboth Spring & Fall
- Unit of Measureapprox. 25 seeds per pkt.
- LightFull sun.
- Height5 feet.
- Spread1 1/2 feet.
- Spacing8 - 18 inches.
- Zones3 - 9 annual.
- FoliageMedium green pubescent.
- Flower FormDisc shape with radiating petals.
- ColorDark disk shape with vibrant yellow petals.
- Germination10 - 14 days.
- Soil RequirementsWell-drained soil.
- Growth RateMedium growth rate.
- Seed CountApproximately 25 seeds per packet.
- CommentsSpecial considerations: Sow seeds outside after all danger of frost is passed where the plants are to grow. Seeds can be started inside in a sterile seed starting medium at 68 - 86 degrees F. Will do well in poor soil. Stake to support plants. Classic sunflower look- produces great sized seeds for snacking or birds, also makes a good hedge.
- Botanical NameHelianthus annuus 'Super Snack'
- Size8 inch flowers.
- HeaderTops for sunflower seeds.
- Depth1/4 - 1/2 inch.
- Days To Maturity65 days.
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2018 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|ZONE||Blueberries||All Other Fruits||Perennials,
Bulbs & Flowers
|Trees & Shrubs||Encapsulated
|1A-4B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5A||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|6A & 6B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|7A & 7B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|8A & 8B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|9A-10B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|All Grow Zones: Oct 29, 2018|
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Please note that we cannot ship outside the 48 contiguous states.