Superior Plum Tree
Superior Plum Tree
- Unit of Measure1 tree
- FormUpright, deciduous.
- LightFull Sun
- Zones4 - 8 (-20° F.)
- FoliageGreen foliage.
- Flower FormYes.
- Soil RequirementsPlum trees adapt to most soil types, as long as they are well-drained. They will not grow in wet soil. They do best in a slightly acidic, (pH 6.3-6.8) clay loam soil.
- Growth RateMedium growth rate.
- PruningPrune European plum trees as you would apple trees. Prune hybrid plum trees like peach trees. Prune Japanese plums just like you would prune hybrid plums. The best time to prune plums is early Spring or early Summer during a dry day. Never prune in Winter (to avoid silver leaf disease).
- PollinatorKaga, Alderman or wild plums.
- CommentsQuick-growing clingstone! Rosy, red-blushed, crimson fruits are bursting with super-sweet yellow flesh. Rich full-bodied flavor, delicious for fresh eating. One of the first to ripen. Ripens mid to late August.
- Botanical NamePrunus 'Superior'
- HeaderOften Bears the First Year!
- DepthThe top of the Ellepot container should be even with the soil level.
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2018 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|ZONE||Blueberries||All Other Fruits||Perennials,
Bulbs & Flowers
|Trees & Shrubs||Encapsulated
|1A-4B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5A||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|6A & 6B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|7A & 7B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|8A & 8B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|9A-10B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|All Grow Zones: Oct 29, 2018|
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Please note that we cannot ship outside the 48 contiguous states.