Superstar Hybrid Onion
- SKU: 02189
- For each offer ordered, get 2 bunches
- Zones: 3 - 9 annual
- Height: 6 - 10 inches.
- Light Required: Full Sun.
- Plants are not available in GA ID WA
Send me an email when this item is available
Superstar Hybrid Onion
- Unit of Measure 2 bunches
- FormUpright foliage, bulb
- LightFull Sun.
- Height6 - 10 inches.
- Spread3 - 5 inches.
- Spacing5 - 6 inches between plants.
- Zones3 - 9 annual
- FoliageGreen foliage.
- FruitLarge white variety with mild sweet flavor.
- Soil RequirementsRich, well-drained soil.
- Growth RateModerate growth rate.
- PruningNone needed.
- CommentsThis star will shine in any garden. Large white variety is the first day neutral to win an All American Selections award! The mild sweet flavor is great for salads, salsa, sandwiches and cooking. Superstar Hybrid can store up to 2 months and grows well anywhere!
- Botanical NameAllium cepa 'Superstar'
- HeaderAll-American Selections Winner
- DepthSeeds: 1/2 inch. Start seed indoors, in late Winter, 8 - 10 weeks before setting outdoors. Set outdoors as soon as the soil can be worked. Plants 1 inch deep.
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2018 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|ZONE||Blueberries||All Other Fruits||Perennials,
Bulbs & Flowers
|Trees & Shrubs||Encapsulated
|1A-4B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5A||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|6A & 6B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|7A & 7B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|8A & 8B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|9A-10B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|All Grow Zones: Oct 29, 2018|
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Please note that we cannot ship outside the 48 contiguous states.