Sweet Hips™ Rose
- SKU: 79423
- For each offer ordered, get 1 bareroot plant
- Zones: 2 - 7
- Height: 4 - 6 feet
- Light Required: Full sun.
- Plants are not available in AZ CA CO ID MT ND NM NV OR SD WA WY
Sweet Hips™ Rose
- Unit of Measure1 bareroot plant
- LightFull sun.
- Height4 - 6 feet
- Spread6 feet
- Spacing6 feet
- Zones2 - 7
- FoliageLeathery, wrinkled, dark green leaves grow on prickly stems.
- Flower Form2-3 inch single blooms are bright pink with yellow center, borne in thick clusters.
- BloomsBlooms cover the plant in early summer and continue to bloom sporadically till frost.
- FruitSweet Hips features large bright red rose hips with excellent sweet tart flavor, and firm crunchy texture.
- Soil RequirementsWell-drained soil. Tolerant of almost all soil types.
- Growth RateModerate growth rate.
- PruningRemove spent blossoms, dead wood, rubbing canes, weak growth and suckers. Spray or dust weekly for insects and disease. Good air circulation promotes vigorous and healthy growth and helps control foliar diseases. Remove spent flowers to encourage rebloom. Prune as needed in late winter to early spring.
- PollinatorSelf pollinating.
- CommentsAn improvement on traditional Rosa Rugosa-types with a nicely mounded 4- to 6-feet tall, 6-foot spread, this hardy, tough, disease-resistant plant is basically a no-care perennial shrub. Boasting TONS of larger-than-normal, single, bright-pink blooms in early summer with a repeat bloom in late summer/early fall, its hips are very attractive as well as much sweeter and more flavorful. Hips can be harvested any time after they have colored and can be eaten fresh, frozen and dried. Not available in CA, CO, ID, IN, MO, MT, ND, NJ, NM, NV, OR, SD, WA, WY.
- Botanical NameRosa Rugosa KAPswehp
- HeaderThe New & Improved Rosa Rugosa
- DepthPlant with bud union at soil surface or 2 inches below in cold climates.
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2018 Spring Shipping Schedule for Plants|
|Zones||Tomatoes & Peppers||Potatoes||Sweet Potatoes||Onion Plants|
|1A-4A||5/14 - 6/1||3/26 - 6/15||5/21 - 6/8||4/2 - 5/11|
|4B||5/14 - 6/1||3/26 - 6/15||5/21 - 6/8||4/2 - 5/11|
|5A||5/14 - 6/1||3/5 - 6/15||5/14 - 6/8||3/26 - 5/11|
|5B||5/14 - 6/1||3/5 - 6/15||4/30 - 6/8||3/26 - 5/11|
|6A||4/23 - 6/1||3/5 - 6/15||4/30 - 6/8||3/5 - 5/11|
|6B||4/23 - 6/1||3/5 - 6/15||4/30 - 6/8||2/26 - 5/11|
|7A||4/23 - 6/1||2/26 - 6/15||4/30 - 6/8||2/19 - 5/11|
|7B||4/2 - 6/1||2/26 - 6/15||4/30 - 6/8||2/12 - 5/11|
|8A & B||4/2 - 6/1||2/19 - 6/15||4/23 - 6/8||1/29 - 5/11|
|9A & B||4/2 - 6/1||2/12 - 6/15||4/23 - 6/8||1/2 - 5/11|
|10A & B||4/2 - 6/1||2/12 - 6/15||4/16 - 6/8||1/2 - 5/11|
|Last Order Date||5/28||6/11||6/4||5/7|
|Zones||Bareroot Roses||Large Bareroots, Trees & Shrubs||Tender Annuals||All other Perennials & Potted Plants|
|1A-4A||4/16 - 6/1||4/2 - 6/22||4/30 - 6/8||4/30 - 6/22|
|4B||4/16 - 6/1||4/2 - 6/22||4/30 - 6/8||4/30 - 6/22|
|5A||4/1 - 6/1||3/19 - 6/22||4/30 - 6/8||4/2 - 6/22|
|5B||3/19 - 6/1||3/5 - 6/22||3/30 - 6/8||3/19 - 6/22|
|6A||3/5 - 6/1||3/5 - 6/22||4/30 - 6/8||3/5 - 6/22|
|6B||3/5 - 6/1||3/5 - 6/22||4/30 - 6/8||3/5 - 6/22|
|7A||2/26 - 6/1||2/12 - 6/22||4/2 - 6/8||2/26 - 6/22|
|7B||2/26 - 6/1||2/12 - 6/22||4/2 - 6/8||2/26 - 6/22|
|8A & B||2/19 - 6/1||2/12 - 5/25||4/2 - 6/8||2/20 - 5/25|
|9A & B||1/22 - 6/1||2/12 - 5/25||4/2 - 6/8||2/12 - 5/25|
|10A & B||1/22 - 6/1||2/12 - 5/25||4/2 - 6/8||2/12 - 5/25|
|Last Order Date||5/28||1A-7B: 6/18||6/4||1A-7B: 6/18|
|8A-10B: 5/21||8A-10B: 5/21|
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Please note that we cannot ship outside the 48 contiguous states.