Sweet Repeat™ Raspberry
- SKU: 75100
- For each offer ordered, get 1 plant
- Zones: 5 - 9
- Height: 4 - 6 feet
- Light Required: Full sun
Send me an email when this item is available
Sweet Repeat™ Raspberry
- Unit of Measure1 plant
- LightFull sun
- Height4 - 6 feet
- Spread4 feet
- Spacing3 feet
- Zones5 - 9
- FoliageDark green foliage.
- BloomsMay- Sept
- FruitFruit is conical, dark attractive red, longer & wider in size than the traditional favorite 'Heritage'. Firm, yet juicy fruit has a superior, excellent sweet flavor.
- Soil RequirementsOrganic, well-drained, slightly acidic, sandy loam soil.
- Growth RateMedium growth rate.
- PruningThin fruiting canes in late Winter or early Spring before they start to grow. Remove all weak canes and thin the strong canes so they are 4 - 6 inches apart over the width of the row; narrow rows if necessary to 15 - 18 inches wide.
- PollinatorSelf pollinating.
- CommentsNew primocane fruiting red raspberry released by North Carolina State University. Qualities are: late harvest season and large berry size. High- quality fruit can be harvested later into the Fall with Nantahala than with other primocane fruiters on the market. In Cherokee, 'Nantahala' means 'land of the midday sun'. Thorny canes- although just small spines at the base of the canes.
- YieldApproximately 1 - 2 quarts.
- Botanical NameRubus occidentalis 'Nantahala' PP20689
- HeaderDouble the Tempting Taste
- DepthPlant at same depth as in shipping container. For a bareroot plant: Hold plant in hole, spread roots, plant crown 1 inch below soil; fill 1/2 way; compact soil; complete filling; compact soil; water well.
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2018 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|ZONE||Blueberries||All Other Fruits||Perennials,
Bulbs & Flowers
|Trees & Shrubs||Encapsulated
|1A-4B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5A||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|6A & 6B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|7A & 7B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|8A & 8B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|9A-10B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|All Grow Zones: Oct 29, 2018|
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Please note that we cannot ship outside the 48 contiguous states.