Sweet Pepper Colossal Hybrid
Sweet Pepper Colossal Hybrid
- Seasonboth Spring & Fall
- Unit of Measureapprox. 10 seeds
- FormUpright. Tall, vigorous, somewhat erect with good foliage cover.
- LightFull sun.
- Height22 - 24 inches.
- Spread12 - 24 inches.
- Spacing12 - 16 inches apart.
- Zones3 - 9 annual
- FoliageDark green foliage.
- Flower FormSmall white flowers.
- FruitExtra-large 6 inches in diameter x 6 inches long. Shape: bell, deep blocky fruit. Color: medium dark green to glossy brilliant red. Flavor: very sweet at red stage, good flavor at green stage as well.
- Soil RequirementsRich, well-drained soil.
- Growth RateModerate growth rate.
- PruningNone needed.
- CommentsOne of the Biggest Bell Peppers on the Market! With a flavor as big as their size. These 6 inch bells truly live up to their name. Crisp, juicy peppers ripen from green to red and have a sugary sweet flavor. Vigorous plants have excellent adaptability to the Midwest and Northwest regions even under cool conditions.
- YieldHigh yield potential.
- Botanical NameCapsicum annuum 'Colossal' Hybrid
- DepthPlant seeds 1/2 inch deep. Start seeds indoors 6 - 8 weeks before the last frost date. The plants should be planted the same depth as in the pots.
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2018 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|ZONE||Blueberries||All Other Fruits||Perennials,
Bulbs & Flowers
|Trees & Shrubs||Encapsulated
|1A-4B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5A||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|6A & 6B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|7A & 7B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|8A & 8B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|9A-10B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|All Grow Zones: Oct 29, 2018|
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Please note that we cannot ship outside the 48 contiguous states.