Sweet Potato Centennial
- SKU: 11389
- For each offer ordered, get 12 bareroot plant
- Zones: 3 - 9
- Height: Vine
- Light Required: Full sun.
Send me an email when this item is available
Sweet Potato Centennial
- Unit of Measure12 bareroot plant
- FormAnnual, crawling.
- LightFull sun.
- SpreadVine to 20 feet.
- Spacing12 - 15 inches , Row 3 - 4 feet.
- Zones3 - 9
- FoliageThick, green, heart-shaped foliage.
- Flower FormSeldom produced.
- ColorViolet - pale pink.
- BloomsLate Summer.
- FruitDeep copper skin, yellow-orange fine grained, soft flesh. Medium-large cylindrical tapered roots.
- Soil RequirementsWell-drained, fertile, sandy loam soil. pH 5.0 - 6.5.
- Growth RateRapid in warm soils.
- CommentsFruit has uniform, medium-large, cylindrical, tapered roots. Dependable high yielder. Excellent keeper. Good quality. Widely adapted. Good in short season areas and in the South. Set plants out 1 - 2 weeks after danger of frost is past. Soil temperature should be 60 degrees F. Mound soil over row as plants grow until the ridge is 8 - 15 inches high. Fertilize before planting and 3 - 4 weeks after. Cultivate to keep vines from rooting where they touch the ground. Harvest is determined by root size, sweet potatoes do not ripen; harvest immediately if nipped by frost in fall. Cure 6 - 8 days at 85 degrees F. and 90% humidity after harvest. Store at 55 - 60 degrees F. and 85% humidity (low humidity causes shriveling). Good keeper.
- Yield100 lbs per 100 foot row.
- Botanical NameIpomoea batatas 'Centennial'
- Size2 inches.
- Depth3/4 of stem in the ground of a plant 6 - 9 inch long.
- Days To Maturity100 days.
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2018 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|ZONE||Blueberries||All Other Fruits||Perennials,
Bulbs & Flowers
|Trees & Shrubs||Encapsulated
|1A-4B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5A||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|6A & 6B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|7A & 7B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|8A & 8B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|9A-10B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|All Grow Zones: Oct 29, 2018|
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Please note that we cannot ship outside the 48 contiguous states.