Tall Phlox Mix
- SKU: 76154
- For each offer ordered, get 6 bareroot
Send me an email when this item is available
Tall Phlox Mix
- LightFull sun to partial shade.
- Height24 - 40 inches depending on variety.
- Spread18 - 24 inches.
- Spacing12 - 18 inches.
- Zones3 - 9
- FoliageDeep green, lance-shaped leaves with prominent veins.
- Flower FormIndivdual, flared trumpet-shaped flowers form dense pyramidal panicles ranging from 5 - 8 inches in size.
- ColorColor varies depending on variety- pink, white, red, purple, orange, two-tone. Our choice of colors.
- BloomsMid summer onwards. Lasts 6 weeks plus. Flowering is extended by removing spent flower clusters.
- Soil RequirementsWell-drained soil. Many phlox tend to be susceptible to mildew, so plant in a sunny, airy location with good air circulation. Watering should be done in the morning so moisture can dry off during the day. Water at the base of the plants, not above.
- Growth RateModerate to fast growth rate once established, which takes approximatley 4-6 weeks.
- PruningRemove spent flower heads. Trim back to 2 - 4 inches once foliage dies back in late Fall.
- CommentsChoice Hybrid Varieties-We are pleased to offer the finest Hybrid Phlox varieties available. Garden Phlox or "Flame Flowers," bloom in profusion with huge 5-6 inch flower heads for months when little else is blooming. The foliage is dense and compact with deep green, lance-shaped leaves with prominent veins. Bright colors, spicy fragrance. Tall varieties make great background planting. Enjoy indoors in cut flower arrangements.
- Botanical NamePhlox paniculata 'Mix'
- DepthPlant firmly, set the crown(where the roots meet) 1 - 2 inches deep and water thoroughly. If potted, set at the same level it is in the container. Firm soil and water thoroughly.
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2019 Spring Shipping Schedule|
|ZONE||All Other Perennials & Potted Plants|
|1A-4A||5/5/19 - 6/21/19|
|4B||5/5/19 - 6/21/19|
|5A||4/1/19 - 6/21/19|
|5B||3/18/19 - 6/21/19|
|6A||3/11/19 - 6/21/19|
|6B||3/4/19 - 6/21/19|
|7A||2/25/19 - 6/21/19|
|7B||2/25/19 - 6/21/19|
|8A & B||2/19/19 - 6/21/19|
|9A & B||2/19/19 - 6/21/19|
|10A & B||2/11/19 - 6/21/19|
|Last Order Date|| 1A-7B: 6/17/19
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Sorry, we cannot ship products to Hawaii, Alaska, APO/FPO or outside the contiguous United States. Please provide a street address as some products are unable to be delivered to Post Office boxes.