- SKU: 90045
- For each offer ordered, get 1 bareroot plant
- This item is not available in CA ID OR WA
- LightFull sun.
- HeightSame height as trellis - 8 feet. Muscadines need a vertical support on which to grow.
- Spread8 - 12 feet
- Spacing8 - 12 feet.
- Zones7-10 Muscadine vines are known for being a little finicky in northern gardens and, if temperatures routinely drop below 10ÂºF, fruit production may be minimal.
- FoliageGreen foliage.
- FruitLarge, bronze grapes. Average berry weight 12.7 grams and average diameter 27 mm.
- Soil RequirementsWell-drained, sandy loam soil. Muscadines can tolerate dry spells once they're established, but when they're young, they need regular watering. Young vines also need irrigation during fruit production to produce plump, juicy grapes.
- Growth RateMedium to fast growth rate.
- YieldVine vigor and yield are moderate.
- DepthPlant so the roots are below the soil.
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2019 Spring Shipping Schedule|
|ZONE||All Other Perennials & Potted Plants|
|1A-4A||5/5/19 - 6/21/19|
|4B||5/5/19 - 6/21/19|
|5A||4/1/19 - 6/21/19|
|5B||3/18/19 - 6/21/19|
|6A||3/11/19 - 6/21/19|
|6B||3/4/19 - 6/21/19|
|7A||2/25/19 - 6/21/19|
|7B||2/25/19 - 6/21/19|
|8A & B||2/19/19 - 6/21/19|
|9A & B||2/19/19 - 6/21/19||10A & B||2/11/19 - 6/21/19|
|Last Order Date|| 1A-7B: 6/17/19
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Please note that we cannot ship outside the 48 contiguous states.