$50 or more TODAY! -Tap to Save-
Taylor (Summer Bearer) Raspberry
- SKU: 07758
- For each offer ordered, get 1 No. 1, 1-yr bareroot
Send me an email when this item is available
Taylor (Summer Bearer) Raspberry
- FormDeciduous semi-woody canes.
- LightFull sun.
- Height3-5 feet
- Spread3-5 feet
- Spacing3-5 feet
- ZonesZones 4-8 (best in zones 5-8a).
- Flower FormOpen, single, rose-like flowers
- ColorClusters of white, 5-petaled, rose-like flowers with yellow anthers
- BloomsApril to May
- FruitLarge conical, light red fruit often more than 1 inch long,
- Soil RequirementsBest grown in organically rich, slightly acidic, moist but well-drained soils. Intolerant of wet soils which can cause root rot. Raised beds should be considered in areas with heavy clay soils. Ample amounts of water are needed for a healthy raspberry pl
- Growth RateFast once established, which takes approximately 3 - 5 weeks.
- PruningPrune out fruiting canes in summer immediately after fruiting and any non-fruiting canes that exhibit weakness or disease. In late winter, remove any canes damaged by winter and thin, as needed, the remaining canes. Promptly remove new plants and suckers to control size.
- PollinatorSelf pollinating.
- CommentsConsidered by many to be the best-flavored red raspberry. (Others would say Sweet Repeat or Caroline deserves the "best" title.) Regardless of opinion, everyone agrees that Taylor is one of the best flavored! Medium-sized berry is firm; perfect fresh or frozen. Plant is vigorous and very productive. Zones 4-8 (best in zones 5-8a). Size: No. 1, 1-yr Plant
- DepthDig a hole large enough to accommodate the roots without bending them, plant with the crown at soil level. Firm well and water in thoroughly.
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2019 Spring Shipping Schedule|
|ZONE||All Other Perennials & Potted Plants|
|1A-4A||5/5/19 - 6/21/19|
|4B||5/5/19 - 6/21/19|
|5A||4/1/19 - 6/21/19|
|5B||3/18/19 - 6/21/19|
|6A||3/11/19 - 6/21/19|
|6B||3/4/19 - 6/21/19|
|7A||2/25/19 - 6/21/19|
|7B||2/25/19 - 6/21/19|
|8A & B||2/19/19 - 6/21/19|
|9A & B||2/19/19 - 6/21/19|
|10A & B||2/11/19 - 6/21/19|
|Last Order Date|| 1A-7B: 6/17/19
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Sorry, we cannot ship products to Hawaii, Alaska, APO/FPO or outside the contiguous United States. Please provide a street address as some products are unable to be delivered to Post Office boxes.