Texas Cream 8 Pea
Texas Cream 8 Pea
- Seasonboth Spring & Fall
- Unit of Measure1/4 lb
- LightFull sun.
- Height15-18 inches
- SpacingThin plants to 3 - 4 inches apart with 2 - 3 feet between the rows.
- Zones3 - 9 annual
- Flower Formwhite flowers
- FruitOblong, kidney shaped peas when dried. 13-16 peas per pod.
- Soil RequirementsDoes well in both clay and sandy soils.
- Seed Count1/4 lb of seeds. ( approx. 1000 seeds)
- CommentsConcentrated set of pods held high for easy picking. Excellent freezer variety is easy to shell. Handles drought well and is adapted to many soil types. Resistant to fusarium wilt and nematodes.
- YieldHigh yielding
- Botanical NameVigna unguiculata 'Texas'
- HeaderDoes well in both clay and sandy soils.
- Depth1/2-1 inch
- Days To Maturity70 days.
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2018 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|ZONE||Blueberries||All Other Fruits||Perennials,
Bulbs & Flowers
|Trees & Shrubs||Encapsulated
|1A-4B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5A||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|6A & 6B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|7A & 7B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|8A & 8B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|9A-10B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|All Grow Zones: Oct 29, 2018|
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Please note that we cannot ship outside the 48 contiguous states.