- SKU: 70874
- For each offer ordered, get 1 potted plant
Send me an email when this item is available
- FormUpright arching stems.
- LightPartial Shade
- Height24 - 36 inches
- Spread12 - 15 inches
- Spacing12 - 15 inches
- Zones5 - 8
- FoliageLightly hairy ovate lanceolate alternate leaves with clasping stem.
- Flower FormOrchid-like flowers.
- ColorWhite with purple flecks.
- BloomsLate Summer to early Fall.
- Soil RequirementsMoist organic soil, if planted in dry soils it will grow 18" tall, moist soils it will grow 24" tall.
- CommentsFLOWERS ARE BELL SHAPED, OPENS TO UPRIGHT CUPS, BORNE SINGLY OR IN PAIRS. PLANT HAS UPRIGHT SPREADING HABIT. MULCH PLANTS THE FIRST YEAR TO PROTECT ROOTS AND CROWN. KEEP MODERATELY MOIST THROUGHOUT THE SUMMER. MULCH TO KEEP WEEDS DOWN, ROOTS ARE SHALLOW. DELICATE RHIZOME WITH BRITTLE FIBEROUS ROOTS. BLOOMS AT A TIME WHEN MOST PERENNIALS ARE RESTING. OUTSTANDING WOODLAND PLANT AND USED FOR BORDERS AND ROCK GARDENS. PRUNE AND MULCH AFTER KILLING FREEZE IN LATE FALL.
- Botanical NameTricyrtis hirta 'Miyazaki hybrids'
- Size1-inch flowers with 6-15 clustered in leaf axils.
- DepthPlant at the same depth it is in the pot.
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2018 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|ZONE||Perennials, Bulbs & Flowers|
|1A-4B||9/4 - 11/2|
|5A & 5B||9/4 - 11/2|
|6A & 6B||9/4 - 11/2|
|7A & 7B||9/4 - 11/2|
|8A & 8B||9/4 - 11/2|
|9A-10B||9/4 - 11/2|
|Last Order Date||All Grow Zones: Oct 29, 2018|
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Please note that we cannot ship outside the 48 contiguous states.