Tomatillo Tamayo® Hybrid
- SKU: 09512
- For each offer ordered, get approx. 15 seeds
- Zones: 3-8 annual.
- Height: 3-4 feet.
- Light Required: Full sun.
Tomatillo Tamayo® Hybrid
- Seasonboth Spring & Fall
- Unit of Measureapprox. 15 seeds
- LightFull sun.
- Height3-4 feet.
- Spread24 inches.
- Spacing24 inches
- Zones3-8 annual.
- FoliageGreen foliage.
- Flower FormSmall yellow flowers.
- ColorOne of the Largest Fruited Tomatillos We Have Ever Seen!
- Fruit2 1/2- to 3-inch intense green fruits have a juicy sweet-tart taste and are delightfully crunchy!
- Soil RequirementsWell-drained fertile soil.
- Growth RateModerate growth rate.
- Seed CountApproximately 15 seeds per packet.
- CommentsVery large 21/2 - 3 inch intense green fruits are sweet-tart, juicy and delightfully crunchy! Vigorous, healthy plants produced loads of delicious fruit in our 2013 trials, even during an unseasonably cool, rainy growing season that took it's toll on most of our tomatoes. Heavy-yielding variety is adaptable to a wide range of growing conditions. 65 DAYS.
- YieldHeavy yielding.
- Botanical NamePhysalis ixocarpa
- Depth1/2 inch
- Days To Maturity65 Days.
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2018 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|1A-4B||6/19 - 11/2|
|5A & 5B||6/19 - 11/2|
|6A & 6B||6/19 - 11/2|
|7A & 7B||6/19 - 11/2|
|8A & 8B||6/19 - 11/2|
|9A-10B||6/19 - 11/2|
|Last Order Date||All Grow Zones: Oct 29, 2018|
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Please note that we cannot ship outside the 48 contiguous states.