Tonto Hardy Crape Myrtle
- SKU: 76288
- For each offer ordered, get 1 potted plant
- Zones: 6 - 9
- Height: 8 - 10 feet.
- Light Required: Full sun to partial shade.
Send me an email when this item is available
Tonto Hardy Crape Myrtle
- Unit of Measure 1 potted plant
- FormDeciduous tree.
- LightFull sun to partial shade.
- Height8 - 10 feet.
- Spread10 - 12 feet.
- Spacing10-12 feet.
- Zones6 - 9
- FoliageElliptic-ovate, lustrous medium green foliage. New growth has a bronzy-pink cast. Developes an attractive light maroon to bright red color in Fall.
- Flower FormLarge decorative panicles of many small frilled flowers with crinkled petals.
- ColorDeep pinkish-red blossoms.
- BloomsMid Summer to late Summer.
- Soil RequirementsWell-drained, tolerant of heavy clay soils.
- Growth RateFast growth rate once established.
- PruningPrune to remove dead wood and for aesthetics and shape in the early Spring while tree is still dormant.
- CommentsGorgeous landscape plant gives you huge, reddish-pink bloom clusters throughout the summer. With its highly ornamental bark and large, profuse flower clusters, you'll enjoy this garden beauty year round. A very handsome and beautiful all around plant in the landscape. Year round appeal with beautiful vase shaped growth habit. Highly ornamental bark and large profuse flower clusters. Often planted in groups with ground covers beneath. Excellent dwarf variety making it suitable for smaller gardens and corner spots, even containers. Young branches are dark red-purple becoming a gray-brown at maturity. The most hardy of the dwarf varieties developed at the National Arboretum.
- Botanical NameLagerstroemia 'Tonto' (L. indica L. fauriei)
- HeaderCold-Hardy, Semi-Dwarf Strain
- DepthPlant at the same depth as in the pot.
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2018 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|ZONE||Blueberries||All Other Fruits||Perennials,
Bulbs & Flowers
|Trees & Shrubs||Encapsulated
|1A-4B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5A||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|6A & 6B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|7A & 7B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|8A & 8B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|9A-10B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|All Grow Zones: Oct 29, 2018|
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Please note that we cannot ship outside the 48 contiguous states.