- SKU: 70770
- For each offer ordered, get 1 bareroot
- Zones: 5 - 9
- Height: 36 - 48 inches
- Light Required: Full sun
- Unit of Measure1 bareroot
- LightFull sun
- Height36 - 48 inches
- Spread18 - 24 inches
- Spacing18 - 24 inches
- Zones5 - 9
- Foliage1 inch wide gray-green, linear sword-shaped to 3 feet long. Margins are rough.
- Flower FormSpike of tiny individual drooping tubular flowers arranged in a raceme at the top of the flowering stem.
- BloomsEarly to midsummer.
- Soil RequirementsWell-drained soil.
- Growth RateModerate growth rate.
- PruningAs flowers begin to bloom in spring, be sure to deadhead spent spikes in order to encourage continuous blooming until fall.
- CommentsHummingbird favorite! Boasting a dramatic display in full sun, large, graceful spikes are filled with tiny, individual tubular florets. Insect and disease resistant, its lily like leaves make for an attractive foliage.
- Botanical NameKniphofia uvaria
- HeaderA Hummingbird Favorite!
- DepthPlant so crown(where the roots meet) or top of the root ball is just below the soil surface.
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2018 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|ZONE||Blueberries||All Other Fruits||Perennials,
Bulbs & Flowers
|Trees & Shrubs||Encapsulated
|1A-4B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5A||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|6A & 6B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|7A & 7B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|8A & 8B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|9A-10B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|All Grow Zones: Oct 29, 2018|
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Please note that we cannot ship outside the 48 contiguous states.