Touchstone Gold Beet
- SKU: 84747
- For each offer ordered, get approx. 400 seeds per packet
- Zones: 3-9 annual
- Height: 12 - 15 inches (greens).
- Light Required: Full sun.
- Germination: 8 - 10 days.
Send me an email when this item is available
Touchstone Gold Beet
- Seasonboth Spring & Fall
- Unit of Measureapprox. 400 seeds per packet
- LightFull sun.
- Height12 - 15 inches (greens).
- Spread6 inches.
- Spacing3 - 4 inches between plants and 12 - 24 inches between rows.
- Zones3-9 annual
- FoliageGlossy green tops.
- FruitVibrant yellow to golden, smooth, globe-shaped roots with little or no heat-induced zoning. Flavor is mild, sweet and delicious. Especially tender.
- Germination8 - 10 days.
- Soil RequirementsDeep, rich,sandy; pH7.0
- Seed CountApproximately 200 seeds per packet.
- CommentsNotably improved golden root with vibrant interior color. Combined with its striking leaf/petiole contrast, this best is sure to catch your eye on the dinner plate. Smoother and sweeter than most red beets, gorgeous orange-gold color (skin is more orange, flesh is more gold). Uniform round roots, consistent garden performance, good yields. Rich green tops have yellow veins.
- Botanical NameBeta vulgaris var. crassa 'Touchstone Gold' Family: Chenopodiaceae (Goosefoot Family).
- SizeBest at slightly larger than golf ball size.
- HeaderVery tender, good for containers.
- Depth1/4 - 1/2 inch.
- Days To Maturity53
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2018 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|ZONE||Blueberries||All Other Fruits||Perennials,
Bulbs & Flowers
|Trees & Shrubs||Encapsulated
|1A-4B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5A||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|6A & 6B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|7A & 7B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|8A & 8B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|9A-10B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|All Grow Zones: Oct 29, 2018|
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Please note that we cannot ship outside the 48 contiguous states.