- SKU: 70034
- For each offer ordered, get 1 3'-4' bareroot
- FormDeciduous. Oval.
- LightFull sun to partial shade.
- Height50 feet.
- Spread25 - 35 feet.
- Spacing12 feet as a wind-break, 50 feet as a specimen tree.
- Zones3 - 8 (-30° F.).
- FoliageGolden Fall color.
- Flower FormInsignificant.
- FruitNone produced.
- Soil RequirementsAny soil type including sandy, rocky, dry or moist.
- Growth RateFast growth rate. Up to 8 feet per year.
- PruningBest pruning time is late Winter.
- CommentsPlant away from waterlines, sidewalks, etc. as roots are invasive. Soak roots for a couple of hours before planting. Incorporate generous amounts of peat moss, compost, or well-rotted manure into the soil. Prone to ice damage. Commonly lives 20 - 30 years. (Fairly short lived). Water deeply once per week when rainfall is scanty. Very fast growing. Somewhat columnar shaped. Great planted as a windbreak. More insect and disease resistant than regular poplars. Can be used as a shade tree, or as a screen. Drought, salt, and pollution tolerantt. RESTRICTED STATES, AE, AK, GU, HI, PR.
- Botanical NamePopulus X Canadensis
- DepthPlant at stain on trunk.
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2019 Spring Shipping Schedule|
|1A-4A||4/1/19 - 6/7/19|
|4B||4/1/19 - 6/7/19|
|5A||3/18/19 - 6/7/19|
|5B||3/4/19 - 6/7/19|
|6A||3/4/19 - 6/7/19|
|6B||3/4/19 - 6/7/19|
|7A||2/11/19 - 6/7/19|
|7B||2/11/19 - 6/7/19|
|8A & B||2/11/19 - 6/7/19|
|9A & B||2/11/19 - 6/7/19|
|10A & B||2/11/19 - 6/7/19|
|Last Order Date||6/4/2019|
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Please note that we cannot ship outside the 48 contiguous states.