Shoal Creek Chaste Tree
- SKU: 65640
- For each offer ordered, get 1 potted plant
Shoal Creek Chaste Tree
- FormMulti-trunked tree with broad spreading habit
- LightFull sun
- Height15-20 feet
- Spread12 feet
- Spacing12 feet
- Zones6-9 Winter-hardy through Zone 6; in Zone 5, may be killed to the ground in winter, but will sprout and bloom the following summer.
- FoliageGray green foliage, deciduous
- Flower Form12 inch long flower spikes
- ColorDeep blue
- Soil RequirementsWell drained. Regular watering at first - very drought tolerant once established
- Pruning Needs regular pruning to produce an attractive multi-trunked tree. Prune in winter. Clean out the entire center of the tree, removing all side branches from main 4 to 5 trunks. Also remove messy, twiggy growth that tends to crowd the ends of the branches. As an option, cut entire plant to ground in winter. It will sprout in spring and bloom in summer, although later than chaste trees not pruned so severely. You can also force a second bloom in summer by removing the first flush of blooms as soo
- CommentsConsidering the lack of blue-flowering, summer-blooming trees and shrubs, we're surprised that more chaste trees aren't planted. Slender, 12" long flower spikes cover this deciduous shrub from early to late summer. Loved by hummingbirds and butterflies. Grows quickly to reach 15-20' tall. Thrives in hot, dry, sunny locations and tolerates high humidity and drought. One of the most spectacular flowering trees for the South. Potted. Zones 6-9.
- Botanical NameVitex agnus-castus 'Shoal Creek'
- DepthSame depth as in pot.
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2019 Spring Shipping Schedule|
|ZONE||All Other Perennials & Potted Plants|
|1A-4A||5/5/19 - 6/21/19|
|4B||5/5/19 - 6/21/19|
|5A||4/1/19 - 6/21/19|
|5B||3/18/19 - 6/21/19|
|6A||3/11/19 - 6/21/19|
|6B||3/4/19 - 6/21/19|
|7A||2/25/19 - 6/21/19|
|7B||2/25/19 - 6/21/19|
|8A & B||2/19/19 - 6/21/19|
|9A & B||2/19/19 - 6/21/19|
|10A & B||2/11/19 - 6/21/19|
|Last Order Date|| 1A-7B: 6/17/19
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Sorry, we cannot ship products to Hawaii, Alaska, APO/FPO or outside the contiguous United States. Please provide a street address as some products are unable to be delivered to Post Office boxes.