Triple Crown Blackberry
Triple Crown Blackberry
- Unit of Measure1 plant
- LightFull sun
- Height10 - 12 feet (needs trellis)
- Spread6 - 7 feet
- Spacing4 feet apart spaced in rows 12 feet apart.
- Zones5 - 9 (-10° F.). About 400-500 chill hours
- FoliageDeep green foliage.
- BloomsMid season.
- FruitMammoth size fruit with excellent flavor.
- Soil RequirementsWell-drained, rich, moist soil. 5.5- 6.8 pH.
- Growth RateMedium growth rate.
- PruningIn late Winter, early Spring, prune and thin your blackberry plants. Any time of the year you can prune out dead or diseased canes.
- CommentsSummer tipping (trimming off the tips of the canes ) is recommended once or twice per season. One of the best blackberries ever! High yielding thornless variety. Dense foliage cover reduces problems with sun scald.
- YieldApproximately 4 - 6 quarts.
- Botanical NameRubus "Triple Crown"
- HeaderSweetest Thornless Blackberry
- DepthSame depth as they were in the nursery.
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2018 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|ZONE||Blueberries||All Other Fruits||Perennials,
Bulbs & Flowers
|Trees & Shrubs||Encapsulated
|1A-4B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5A||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|6A & 6B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|7A & 7B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|8A & 8B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|9A-10B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|All Grow Zones: Oct 29, 2018|
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Please note that we cannot ship outside the 48 contiguous states.