- SKU: 80845
- For each offer ordered, get 1 2-3' bareroot
- Zones: 4 - 9 (-20° F.).
- Height: 70 - 150 feet.
- Light Required: Full sun.
Send me an email when this item is available
- Unit of Measure 1 2-3' bareroot
- FormTall, oval-rounded.
- LightFull sun.
- Height70 - 150 feet.
- Spread35 - 50 feet.
- Spacing30 feet.
- Zones4 - 9 (-20° F.).
- Foliage3 - 8 inches long and wide: somewhat maple-shaped with flattened end.
- Flower FormMagnolia type flower.
- BloomsMay-early June.
- Soil RequirementsDeep, moist, well-drained, slightly acidic loam soil.
- Growth Rate2 - 3 feet per year.
- PruningPrune in late Winter if needed.
- CommentsIf heavy soil, add peat, dehydrated cow manure, or compost. Hold tree in hole with previous planting stain at ground level. Spread roots, add 1/2 of the soil, compact, complete filling, compact, and water well. May take up to 10 years to flower. Foliage turns golden-yellow in Fall. Because of it's large size, it is not a tree to be planted next to a house, or in a small landscape. Official state tree of Indiana, Tennessee and Kentucky. On the preservation list in Arkansas, Mississippi, and Missouri.
- Botanical Name'Liriodendron tulipifera'
- Size1 1/2 - 3 1/2 inch blooms.
- HeaderBeautiful Tuliplike Blooms
- DepthPlant at stain on trunk.
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2018 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|ZONE||Blueberries||All Other Fruits||Perennials,
Bulbs & Flowers
|Trees & Shrubs||Encapsulated
|1A-4B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5A||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|6A & 6B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|7A & 7B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|8A & 8B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|9A-10B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|All Grow Zones: Oct 29, 2018|
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Please note that we cannot ship outside the 48 contiguous states.