- SKU: 64784
- For each offer ordered, get 1 potted plant
- Zones: 3 - 9
- Height: 4 - 8 feet
- Light Required: Partial shade
Send me an email when this item is available
- Unit of Measure1 potted plant
- FormUpright shrub
- LightPartial shade
- Height4 - 8 feet
- Spread4 - 5 feet
- Spacing4 - 5 feet
- Zones3 - 9
- FoliageLeaves are borne in opposite pairs on the stems. Short, oblong, medium green in color.
- Flower FormSmall white flowers.
- BloomsMarch - April for about 2 weeks.
- FruitElongated blue fruit similar in size and flavor to wild blueberries. Tender berry texture with firmer skin, good for fresh eating and baking. Very easy to harvest.
- Soil RequirementsModerately well-drained, moist soil. Mulch with peat moss or aged manure to help conserve soil moisture.
- Growth RateModerate growth rate.
- PruningLittle pruning is needed on bushes younger than five years old, other than removing dead, diseased, or broken branches. For more mature plants, periodically remove older limbs. Ideally, there should be four to six older limbs and a few younger shoots per shrub.
- PollinatorNeed two varieties for cross pollination. Aurora MB # 10094 will work well.
- CommentsThis unique plant produces an abundance of 1-1/2" berries that taste similar to wild blueberries. Enjoy its fruit in mid to late spring, even before strawberries are ripe. It is a member of the honeysuckle family and has been a valued fruit for ages. Plant two varieties for pollination, 4-6' apart.
- YieldUp to 10 lbs. on mature plants.
- Botanical NameLonicera caerulea 'Tundra'
- HeaderCold Hardy Shrub
- DepthPlant in the spring. Place the plant in the hole at the same level it was grown by the nursery. This is where the roots start and the tops shoots begin. Spread the roots evenly. Gently work the soil around the roots. Do not pack the soil. Water the plant thoroughly.
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2018 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|ZONE||Blueberries||All Other Fruits||Perennials,
Bulbs & Flowers
|Trees & Shrubs||Encapsulated
|1A-4B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5A||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|6A & 6B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|7A & 7B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|8A & 8B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|9A-10B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|All Grow Zones: Oct 29, 2018|
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Please note that we cannot ship outside the 48 contiguous states.