$50 or more TODAY! -Tap to Save-
- Bold red, white-tipped flowers
- Blooms in mid-spring to summer
- Grows 24-30 in. tall
- Attracts hummingbirds and butterflies
- Deer tend to avoid
- SKU: 60819
- For each offer ordered, get 1 bareroot plant
Send me an email when this item is available
- LightPartial to full shade.
- Height28-32 inches
- Spread28-32 inches
- Spacing28-32 inches
- Zones3 - 9
- FoliageBushy clumps of deep green leaves. Foliage provides a slight tinge of purple when it emerges in spring.
- Flower FormOne inch, red, white-tipped blooms. Large, heart-shaped, pendant flowers bloom on arching stems.
- BloomsMid spring to early summer.
- Soil RequirementsWell-drained, fertile, humus-rich, moist soil. Avoid heavy clay soil.
- Growth RateFast, vigorous.
- PruningRemove faded flowers regularly to promote lots of new buds to form. Cut stems back to 1-2 inches after first killing frost.
- CommentsA fresh take on the old-fashioned bleeding heart, featuring red flowers. Grows quickly. Remains attractive after blooming finishes, until plant goes dormant in summer. If plants are well-watered during spring, dormancy may be delayed until later summer or early fall. Attracts hummingbirds and bees.
- Botanical NameDicentra Spectabilis 'Hordival' PP22739
- DepthPlant eyes slightly below soil level and space 20-36 inches apart. Add plenty of compost, humus, or peat moss at time of planting to aid in water retention.
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2019 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|ZONE||Perennials, Bulbs & Flowers|
|1A-4B||9/23 - 11/1|
|5A & 5B||9/23 - 11/1|
|6A & 6B||9/23 - 11/1|
|7A & 7B||9/23 - 11/1|
|8A & 8B||9/23 - 11/1|
|9A-10B||9/23 - 11/1|
|Last Order Date||All Grow Zones: Oct 28, 2019|
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Sorry, we cannot ship products to Hawaii, Alaska, APO/FPO or outside the contiguous United States. Please provide a street address as some products are unable to be delivered to Post Office boxes.