Violette de Bordeaux Fig
- SKU: 74040
- For each offer ordered, get 1 bareroot.
Violette de Bordeaux Fig
- FormDwarf tree
- LightFull sun
- Height6 to 10 feet
- Spread6 feet
- Spacing6 to 10 feet
- Zones5 - 10
- FoliageLarge, tropical, glossy green lobed leaves; low and bushy.
- Flower FormInconspicuous. Closed eye.
- BloomsAugust to frost
- FruitSmall- to medium-sized, purple-black fruit with a very deep red strawberry-colored flesh and distinctive sweet, rich flavor.
- Soil RequirementsCompost-rich, well-drained soil.
- PruningPrune the fig tree annually each fall during the first three growing seasons to establish a strong structure. Remove branches with weak-angled branch crotches, which are prone to breaking. Thin out rubbing and crossing branches. Cut dead, broken and diseased branches from the tree with bypass pruners, lopping pruners or pruning saw. Prune in fall in the following years only to maintain shape, thin out crowded branches and stimulate new growth.
- PollinatorSelf pollinating.
- CommentsOur best cropper after winter die-back. With careful site selection and winter protection, can even be grown successfully in lower Zone 5!
- Botanical NameFicus carica "Violette De Bordeaux"
- DepthPlant at the same depth it was in the nursery.
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2019 Spring Shipping Schedule|
|ZONE||All Other Perennials & Potted Plants|
|1A-4A||5/5/19 - 6/21/19|
|4B||5/5/19 - 6/21/19|
|5A||4/1/19 - 6/21/19|
|5B||3/18/19 - 6/21/19|
|6A||3/11/19 - 6/21/19|
|6B||3/4/19 - 6/21/19|
|7A||2/25/19 - 6/21/19|
|7B||2/25/19 - 6/21/19|
|8A & B||2/19/19 - 6/21/19|
|9A & B||2/19/19 - 6/21/19|
|10A & B||2/11/19 - 6/21/19|
|Last Order Date|| 1A-7B: 6/17/19
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Sorry, we cannot ship products to Hawaii, Alaska, APO/FPO or outside the contiguous United States. Please provide a street address as some products are unable to be delivered to Post Office boxes.