- SKU: 76344
- For each offer ordered, get 1 Potted Plant
Send me an email when this item is available
- FormCatkins - Deciduous woody shrub
- LightPartial shade / Full sun
- Height2 - 5 feet
- Spread2 - 4 feet
- Spacing2 - 4 feet
- Zones5 - 8
- FoliageNew growth emerges green and creamy white-with pink overtones. The pink fades as the leaves mature leaving beautiful streaked or variegated leaves.
- ColorYellowish green
- BloomsEarly Spring - Duration: Several weeks
- Soil RequirementsMoisture retentive, well drained soil
- Growth RateSlow to moderate
- PruningAnnual light pruning will encourage best variegation for the leaves. Time of Pruning: Late winter to very early spring.
- CommentsThe Japanese name refers to the beautiful coloration of the leaves. A popular small mounding shrub that is slow to establish but the wait is well worth it. Petite yellow catkins emerge in early to mid spring on the rich red stems followed by new growth that is green and cream with a pink overtone. Young branches start out somewhat stiff in appearance and take on a more willowy cascade with age. Annual light pruning will encourage best variegation for the leaves.
- Botanical NameSalix integra 'Hakuro Nishiki'
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2018 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|ZONE||Trees & Shrubs|
|1A-4B||9/4 - 11/2|
|5A & 5B||9/4 - 11/2|
|6A & 6B||9/4 - 11/2|
|7A & 7B||9/4 - 11/2|
|8A & 8B||9/4 - 11/2|
|9A-10B||9/4 - 11/2|
|Last Order Date||All Grow Zones: Oct 29, 2018|
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Please note that we cannot ship outside the 48 contiguous states.