Wilson Delicious Apricot Tree
Wilson Delicious Apricot Tree
- Unit of Measure1 Tree
- FormUpright tree
- LightFull sun. Needs full sun for maximum flower and fruit production.
- Height8-10 feet
- Spread8-10 feet
- Spacing10-12 feet
- Zones5 - 8
- FoliageLight green foliage.
- FruitLarge, firm, golden-orange fruit with a Freestone.
- Soil RequirementsWell-drained, moist, organic loam soil.
- PruningA well-structured trimming is necessary when the tree is young. Pruning conditions can be modified when it's two to three years old, to maintain new branch and growth of tips. Remember to remove the dead, diseased and damaged foliage during any time of the year. Primary pruning is usually done during onset of early spring.
- PollinatorThis variety is self-pollinating.
- CommentsThis reliable apricot produces impressive crops of large, golden-orange fruit every year! Firm, sweet fruit has a unique flavor that is a special treat to enjoy fresh, canned, frozen, or dried. Freestone-flesh is easy to remove from the pit. Wilson Delicious is self-pollinating.
- YieldHeavy yields
- Botanical NamePrunus armeniaca 'Wilson Delicious'
- HeaderSelf-Pollinating & Bears Heavy Yields
- DepthGraft or bud union should be just above the soil line. Look for planting depth indicator.
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2018 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|ZONE||Blueberries||All Other Fruits||Perennials,
Bulbs & Flowers
|Trees & Shrubs||Encapsulated
|1A-4B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5A||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|6A & 6B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|7A & 7B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|8A & 8B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|9A-10B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|All Grow Zones: Oct 29, 2018|
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Please note that we cannot ship outside the 48 contiguous states.