Yellow Ebenezer Onion Sets
- SKU: 94683
- For each offer ordered, get approx. 80 sets.
- This item is not available in ID WA
Yellow Ebenezer Onion Sets
- FormUpright, annual.
- LightFull sun.
- Height6 - 12 inches.
- Spread3 - 5 inches.
- Spacing4 - 6 inches between plants, 12 - 24 inches between rows.
- Zones3 - 9 (-30° F.) Annual.
- FoliageGreen strap-like foliage.
- FruitBulbs are flattened and have pale yellow skins. Crisp, yellowish-white flesh. Producing mild tasting green onion
- Germination8 - 10 days.
- Soil RequirementsRich, well-drained sandy loamy soil. pH 6.0 - 6.8.
- Growth RateMedium growth rate.
- Seed CountApproximately 80 sets per pint.
- CommentsBig, firm, mild flavor. Record yields. Stores well. Short day. Big, firm, mild flavor. Record yields. Stores well. Short day: Bulbs form when days are 12 hours or less. Best growin in the South. Onion sets are extremely quick, producing mild tasting green onions in 2 - 4 weeks. Cold hardy and disease tolerant. Sets come up under almost all types of growing conditions. As a general rule of thumb: Whites are preferred for slicing; reds for salads; and yellow is the onion of choice for cooking and storage. To store: Cut the stem about 1 inch above the bulb. Store bulbs in a cool, dark, dry place in shallow, open trays.
- Yield100 lbs. per 100 foot row.
- Botanical NameAllium cepa 'Yellow Ebenezer'
- Size2 - 3 inches.
- Depth1 inch.
- Days To Maturity85 days from sets.
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2019 Spring Shipping Schedule|
|ZONE||All Other Perennials & Potted Plants|
|1A-4A||5/5/19 - 6/21/19|
|4B||5/5/19 - 6/21/19|
|5A||4/1/19 - 6/21/19|
|5B||3/18/19 - 6/21/19|
|6A||3/11/19 - 6/21/19|
|6B||3/4/19 - 6/21/19|
|7A||2/25/19 - 6/21/19|
|7B||2/25/19 - 6/21/19|
|8A & B||2/19/19 - 6/21/19|
|9A & B||2/19/19 - 6/21/19||10A & B||2/11/19 - 6/21/19|
|Last Order Date|| 1A-7B: 6/17/19
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Please note that we cannot ship outside the 48 contiguous states.