Yellow Naturalizing Daffodils
- SKU: 86213
- For each offer ordered, get 40 daffodil bulbs
- Zones: 4 - 9 (-40° F.)
- Height: 14 - 18 inches.
- Light Required: Full sun to partial shade.
Yellow Naturalizing Daffodils
- Unit of Measure40 daffodil bulbs
- LightFull sun to partial shade.
- Height14 - 18 inches.
- Spread4-6 inches.
- Spacing4-6 inches.
- Zones4 - 9 (-40° F.)
- FoliageGreen, long, strap-like foliage.
- Flower FormLarge yellow flowers.
- ColorSunny yellow.
- BloomsMid Spring.
- Soil RequirementsWell-drained soil.
- Growth RateModerate growth rate.
- PruningDead-head. Allow the foliage to die back.
- CommentsMix generous amounts of peat moss, compost or well rotted cattle manure deeply into the soil to improve drainage. Remove faded flowers but leave foliage intact until it dies back naturally. Feed with a commercial 5-10-5 fertilizer in the Fall and as growth appears in the Spring. May require pre-cooling in the refridgerator for 6 - 8 weeks in zones 9B and 10. Good for naturalizing; most multiply yearly. May require division in 3 - 4 years. Replant and care for bulblets as adults bulbs. Foliage may be toxic if ingested, and may cause dermatitis.
- Botanical NameNarcissus 'Improved King Alfred'
- SizeFlowers up to 5 inches across.
- HeaderNaturalizes Like a Champ!
- Depth6 inches.
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2018 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|ZONE||Blueberries||All Other Fruits||Perennials,
Bulbs & Flowers
|Trees & Shrubs||Encapsulated
|1A-4B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5A||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|6A & 6B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|7A & 7B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|8A & 8B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|9A-10B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|All Grow Zones: Oct 29, 2018|
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Please note that we cannot ship outside the 48 contiguous states.