Yellow Sweet Spanish Onion
Yellow Sweet Spanish Onion
- Seasonboth Spring & Fall
- Unit of Measureapprox. 100 seeds per pkt.
- FormAnnual, onion
- LightFull sun.
- Height6 - 12 inches.
- Spread3 - 5 inches.
- Spacing4 - 6 inches between plants, 12 - 24 inches between rows.
- Zones3 - 9 annual.
- FoliageGreen strap-like foliage.
- FruitLarge globe shape. Pale, amber-yellow skin. Crisp, sweet, juicy, firm white flesh.
- Germination8 - 10 days.
- Soil RequirementsRich, well-drained sandy loamy soil. pH 6.0 - 6.8.
- Growth RateModerate growth rate.
- Seed Count12197 is approximately 250 seeds per packet. 14781 is approx. 100 seeds per packet. One offer of plants is 2 bunches. Each bunch contains 55 - 75 plants.
- PruningNone needed.
- CommentsLarge, globe shaped onion. Uniform shape. Excellent for storage. Heavy yields. Late season. Pink root tolerance. Firm textured and mild flavored. Thick, heavy necks must dry well. Long day. Can weigh up to 1 pound.
- Yield100 lbs. per 100 foot row.
- Botanical NameAllium cepa x hybrida 'Yellow Sweet Spanish'; Family: Liliaceae (Lily Family)
- Size4 - 6 inches, often up to 1 lb.
- HeaderHome Gardeners Can't Resist!
- Depth1/4 - 1/2 inch.
- Days To Maturity110 days from seed.
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2018 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|ZONE||Blueberries||All Other Fruits||Perennials,
Bulbs & Flowers
|Trees & Shrubs||Encapsulated
|1A-4B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5A||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|6A & 6B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|7A & 7B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|8A & 8B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|9A-10B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|All Grow Zones: Oct 29, 2018|
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Please note that we cannot ship outside the 48 contiguous states.