Yellow Finn Potato
- SKU: 75759
- For each offer ordered, get 2 lb whole potatoes
- Zones: 3 - 9 annual.
- Height: 24 - 36 inches.
- Light Required: Full sun.
- Plants are not available in ID ME MT NE
Send me an email when this item is available
Yellow Finn Potato
- Unit of Measure 2 lb whole potatoes
- FormVining, annual.
- LightFull sun.
- Height24 - 36 inches.
- Spread18 - 24 inches.
- Spacing12 to 15 inches apart with 30 - 36 inches between rows.
- Zones3 - 9 annual.
- FoliageDark green foliage.
- Flower FormSmall white flowers.
- FruitTan skin, yellow flesh, shape varies, medium size.
- Soil RequirementsFertile, well-drained sandy loam soil. pH 4.8-5.4. Will grow in higher pH but sometimes will become scabby.
- Growth RateMedium growth rate.
- Seed Count2 lbs. of seed potatoes will make approximately 10 - 15 potato sets when cut and will plant a 10 - 15 ft row.
- CommentsBest variety for potato salad, au gratins and scalloped potatoes-also good boiled, fried, baked and mashed. No need for butter, outstanding flavor and texture, smooth thin skin, yellow flesh, excellent storage, good resistance to scab. Flavor is slightly sweeter than Yukon, waxy flesh, classic European gourmet potato, buttery sweet flavor distinguishes it from all other varieties. Excellent yields.
- Yield100 lbs. per 100 foot row.
- Botanical NameSolanum tuberosum 'Yellow Finn': Family: Solanaceae (Nightshade Family)
- HeaderSweet, Buttery Flavor
- Depth3 to 5 inches.
- Days To Maturity80 - 100 days. Main season variety.
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2018 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|ZONE||Blueberries||All Other Fruits||Perennials,
Bulbs & Flowers
|Trees & Shrubs||Encapsulated
|1A-4B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5A||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|6A & 6B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|7A & 7B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|8A & 8B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|9A-10B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|All Grow Zones: Oct 29, 2018|
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Please note that we cannot ship outside the 48 contiguous states.