Yumm Yumm Nectarine Tree
Yumm Yumm Nectarine Tree
- Unit of Measure1 tree
- FormDeciduous. Spreading.
- LightFull Sun
- Zones5 - 8 (-10° F.)
- FoliageMedium green, long narrow leaves.
- Flower FormLight pink blossoms.
- FruitMedium - small fruit, mostly red skin with a small amount of white background color. Clingstone with white melting flesh.
- Soil RequirementsWell-drained, organic, sandy loam soil.
- Growth RateMedium growth rate.
- PruningNectarine trees need to be pruned to optimize fruit production and allow sunlight into the tree. Most home gardeners do not prune their trees enough. Pruning encourages new growth and shapes the tree. Prune nectarines hard, removing most of the previous year's growth. Fruit will be produced on the previous year's wood, so leave enough to ensure a good crop, but not overburden the tree. Removing interior branches opens up the tree and allows light to penetrate to lower branches.
- CommentsOne bite and Yumm Yumm is what you'll be saying about this new, smooth-skinned white nectarine that combines the sweetness of a white peach with the sprightly, unparalleled flavor of fresh-from-the-tree nectarines. Sets dependable yields of juicy, melt-in-your-mouth fruit in mid to late June. Resistant to bacterial spot - those pesky spots you see on most peaches.
- Botanical NamePrunus persica "Yumm Yumm'
- HeaderEarly-Ripening Taste Sensation!
- DepthThe top of the Ellepot container should be even with the soil level.
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2018 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|ZONE||Blueberries||All Other Fruits||Perennials,
Bulbs & Flowers
|Trees & Shrubs||Encapsulated
|1A-4B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5A||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|6A & 6B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|7A & 7B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|8A & 8B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|9A-10B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|All Grow Zones: Oct 29, 2018|
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Please note that we cannot ship outside the 48 contiguous states.